Consider this as a SOP to build effective customer relationships; be that in B2B, B2C or B2G!
1. Let the sale evolve naturally out of the conversation.
2. Don’t try to be a hero who swoops in to solve the customer’s problem.
3. Don’t ask: “what would it mean to you if we could solve that problem?”
4. Instead, ask: “What would it mean to you if you could solve that problem?”
5. Have a sales philosophy that emphasizes relationship building.
6. Value the relationship more than making your quota.
7. Consider yourself and your firm as the best at what you do.
8. Achieve a perfect job of delivering what you promised.
9. Provide absolutely impeccable service after the sale.
10.Think end-of-time relationship not end-of-month totals.