Just couldn’t pull myself away from the laptop to get this down to you folks…thought it best to keep the momentum going!
The second character who is our secret enemy number 2 is this guy we all know too well…
(Hint- he sits on our monthly expense reports)
- Typical Job Titles: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Efficiency Officer, Head Accountant, etc.
- Distinguishing Characteristic: Obsessive concern for saving money no matter how much it costs to do so.
- Why He’s Your Enemy: He views sales is an expense rather than the core of the business.
- How He Screws You Up: He devises rules and regulations that make it nearly impossible to sell. Example: cutting travel budgets for reps covering the entire Eastern seaboard.
- How To Cope With Him: Calmly point out the revenue and profit impact of the “cost savings.” Be sure to have a spreadsheet to prove your point.
- Warning: If you get frustrated, you’ll only encourage him. He feels that if he’s not making you miserable, he’s not doing his job.