Thanks for your active interest in my blogs, especially the ones dealing with descriptions of the top 5 secret enemies that hamper our performance in sales.
By now you all have read about the enemy number 5, number 4, number 3 and number 2….and I am sure that you are waiting with bated breath to know about the last one, enemy number 1.
So without further ado, let me introduce him to you folks in sales.
drum roll please………
Secret enemy number 1 in my list is….YOU
- Typical Job Titles: Sales Rep, Sales Associate, Sales Agent, etc.
- Distinguishing Characteristic: You haven’t taken the time and trouble fully develop your sales skills, attitude, business acumen, etc.
- Why You’re Your Own Worst Enemy: Your sales success is up to you, regardless of what problems or enemies you face on a day-to-day basis.
- How You Screw Yourself: Endless ways. You talk to customers more than you listen, you fail to prepare for customer meetings, you don’t follow-through on commitments, etc., etc., etc.
- How To Cope With Your Limitations: Overcome them! Decide, right here and now, that you won’t be satisfied with ANYTHING less than the absolute BEST that you can be. Make a commitment and then take action. You know what to do!
- Warning: If you actually make that commitment and take action, none of the other four enemies can possibly prevent you from becoming wildly successful in Sales!!!
Guys I have been my own enemy in the early days of my career as a sales pro.
I would like to take you guys to my earlier blogs on how best to improve yourself and empower yourself to become top notch sales pros and never ever become your worst enemy!!