This is the second part of my blog posted some minutes back….https://ashishtandon.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=523&action=edit (Top 5 Reasons Sales hates Marketing)
As promised, this blog covers the other 5 reasons why sales teams hate their marketing counterparts!!
REASON #5: Marketeers pose as “strategists.”
- Description: Marketeers think they’re “brand managers” who should be directing all activities throughout the company.
- Why It Rankles: Brand is a reflection of product and service. If good, the brand is good; if not, the brand is bad.
- What’s The Cure: Only reward marketeers for behavior that directly results in a measurable increase in revenue and profit.
REASON #4: Marketeers waste resources.
- Description: Marketeers expend money on fancy brochures, advertisements, and trade show junkets.
- Why It Rankles: The more money that’s spent on Marketing’s boondoggles, the less money there is to pay commissions.
- What’s The Cure: Give the sales team veto power over all marketing activities that exceed a fairly small amount of money.
REASON #3: Marketeers pretend they’re engineers.
- Description: Marketeers try to set the technical direction of the firm’s products and services.
- Why It Rankles: In most cases, the Marketeers have never even spoken to a customer, so they’re clueless about what they want.
- What’s The Cure: Let the engineers design the next generation based upon customer input. Keep marketing out of the picture.
REASON #2: Marketeers force technology on Sales.
- Description: Marketeers pressure the sales team to enter reams of customer data into the CRM system.
- Why It Rankles: The sales team knows full well that most of that data isn’t going to help generate more sales.
- What’s The Cure: Set up your sales tech so that it always increases the amount of time that sales reps can spend selling.
REASON #1: Marketeers pass along lousy leads.
- Description: Marketeers provide lists of leads that are either unqualified, or unqualifiable.
- Why It Rankles: When Sales complains, the marketeers make it personal, accusing the sales team of being unable to sell.
- What’s The Cure: Fire any marketeer who can’t consistently provide leads that the sales team – with its current skill set – can’t sell to.
Well what do you think folks!!
Love to have your views on this and my other posts!!