Apologies for the sabbatical from my blogs…been busy on-boarding in my new avatar as Vice President Business Development of a great technology startup that will disrupt the social media space in the remote , rural , under-served, economically deprived, Bottom of the Pyramid Markets. The company I speak of is called GramVaani media (http://www.gramvaani.org/)
During all this, I have had the opportunity to engage with a group of very bright, young women who are raring to have a go at key account management and sales with a great new platform that is poised to disrupt the wedding services space in India.
They posed a very good question to me- what would be set of some basic key questions that could warm up a cold prospect in the first meeting, agnostic to the vertical or the profile of the prospect (client). And I started to think on this and came up with this list that I believe would serve many who have the same question bothering them.
- What can you tell me about your organization… and yourself?
- What do you like about what you’re currently doing?
- What don’t you like about your current situation?
- What would you like to be enhanced or improved?
- Have you spoken to other solution providers to address your current specific challenge?
- What can you tell me about your priorities and your options?
- What obstacles are there in the way of this initiative moving forward?
- What will be your criterion of evaluating different options if at all?
- How much have your budgeted for this proposal/project?
- When do you wish to start?
Try these questions with a cold prospect and write back to me with your inputs and comments…
more than happy to ideate with you !