My sales reps often asked me- what are the character traits of a top sales pro?
This set me thinking and I could only think of 8 such key personal traits that I believe make a great sales professional.
However at this juncture I must emphasize that apart from these very basic MUST HAVE traits, the top sales professionals HAVE to be constantly in a state of self development, which may mean developing judgement maturity, evolving your soft skills, client insights etc, topics about which I have spoken off in my earlier blogs.
So for the basic 8 traits, here goes
- Goal clarity. Top sales pros have clear, specific, written-down statements of what they want to achieve.
- Follow-through. Top sales pros do whatever is necessary to make the deal happen and keep the customer happy.
- Self Awareness. Top sales pros have the ability to understand and control their own emotions, regardless of what happens.
- Social Ability. Top sales pros can achieve rapport and develop long term relationships with wide variety of people.
- Optimism. Top sales pros tend to look at the world in terms of possibilities and opportunities, not dangers and risks.
- Problem-solving. Top sales pros love the challenge of discovering new problems and solving them.
- Competitiveness. Top sales pros get excited and motivated when they’re confronted with a worthy competitor.
- Perspective. Top sales pros know that success in life isn’t the money you make, but the relationships you build.
AND also dont forget to read the other blogs that I posted in wordpress!!